This week's Rare Bird Alert
A snow goose was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
An Iceland gull was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
A glossy ibis was seen in Milford on April 25.
There were a few scattered reports of common redpolls during the past week.
A possible worm-eating warbler was seen in Bedford on April 28, but has not been relocated.
An orchard oriole was reported from Hawkin's Farm in Salem on April 29.
There were several reports of fish crows, Virginia rails, and rusty blackbirds during the past week.
A ruby-throated hummingbird was seen in Manchester on April 27.
Returning migrant warblers reported during the past week included: yellow warbler, prairie warbler, ovenbird, Nashville warbler, northern parula, black-throated green warbler, black-throated blue warbler, magnolia warbler, black-and-white warbler, northern waterthrush, and Louisiana waterthrush.
Returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: rose-breasted grosbeak, gray catbird, wood thrush, whip-poor-will, brown thrasher, eastern kingbird, great-crested flycatcher, house wren, warbling vireo, and vesper sparrow.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Champions on Ice’ lacing up in NH - 0
- Nashua's Rivier University hosts 70-year-old NH artist's first showing - 0
- 'Art From the Attic' and 'Transitions' at New Hampshire Art Association - 0
- Acappella ensemble hopes to raise, and help replace, roof - 0
- Jayson Twombly's needlework exhibit in Laconia - 0
- Oil painter James M. O'Brien artist of the month at Exeter Fine Crafts - 0
- Aerosmith 'Let Rock Rule' concert screenings in NH - 0
- Vanessa Trien and her lively band at Redfern Center in Keene - 0
- Stained glass artist Susanna Ries and oil painter John Sweeney present 'Flying Colors' - 0
Granite State launches literary hall of fame
Harrigan closes up camp
Gilford father files civil rights suit against police over arrest at school board meeting
George F. Will: Reversing course in Illinois