This week's Rare Bird Alert
A snow goose was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
An Iceland gull was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
A glossy ibis was seen in Milford on April 25.
There were a few scattered reports of common redpolls during the past week.
A possible worm-eating warbler was seen in Bedford on April 28, but has not been relocated.
An orchard oriole was reported from Hawkin's Farm in Salem on April 29.
There were several reports of fish crows, Virginia rails, and rusty blackbirds during the past week.
A ruby-throated hummingbird was seen in Manchester on April 27.
Returning migrant warblers reported during the past week included: yellow warbler, prairie warbler, ovenbird, Nashville warbler, northern parula, black-throated green warbler, black-throated blue warbler, magnolia warbler, black-and-white warbler, northern waterthrush, and Louisiana waterthrush.
Returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: rose-breasted grosbeak, gray catbird, wood thrush, whip-poor-will, brown thrasher, eastern kingbird, great-crested flycatcher, house wren, warbling vireo, and vesper sparrow.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Food truck festival to park at Redhood Brewery Sunday - 0
- 'Frozen' characters featured in Princess Tea Party in Gilford - 0
- Portsmouth photographer's striking portraits headed to Colorado - 0
- See how it's done and try your hand at art during Demo Day - 0
- Take in the views at Manchester's Weston Observatory - 0
- Sweet Remains stops in Plymouth - 0
- It's all about the harmonies for this Sunday afternoon adventure - 0
- Mary Gatchell to perform at the Leddy Center Friday - 0
- Tour artists' studios, autumn landscape - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Ani DiFranco
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation