This week's Rare Bird Alert
A snow goose was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
An Iceland gull was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
A glossy ibis was seen in Milford on April 25.
There were a few scattered reports of common redpolls during the past week.
A possible worm-eating warbler was seen in Bedford on April 28, but has not been relocated.
An orchard oriole was reported from Hawkin's Farm in Salem on April 29.
There were several reports of fish crows, Virginia rails, and rusty blackbirds during the past week.
A ruby-throated hummingbird was seen in Manchester on April 27.
Returning migrant warblers reported during the past week included: yellow warbler, prairie warbler, ovenbird, Nashville warbler, northern parula, black-throated green warbler, black-throated blue warbler, magnolia warbler, black-and-white warbler, northern waterthrush, and Louisiana waterthrush.
Returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: rose-breasted grosbeak, gray catbird, wood thrush, whip-poor-will, brown thrasher, eastern kingbird, great-crested flycatcher, house wren, warbling vireo, and vesper sparrow.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Saul O Sidore Lecture Series at PSU presents Thomas F. Lee 'The Promises and Perils of the New Biology' - 0
- 'Shrek' to be Prescott Park Arts Festival's 2014 Summer Musical - 0
- Win tickets to see Billy Idol - 0
- Win tickets to see Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience - 0
- Elton John's greatest hits on the big screen - 0
- Show revives '80s with colorful fashions, signature pop, metal, rock - 0
- Islay Mist Ceilidh to perform in Colebrook - 0
- NH Choreographer's Showcase unveiled - 0
- Audubon to host spring breakfast - 0
Elton John's greatest hits on the big screen
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels
Weekend Top 10 Planner
Win tickets to see Craig Ferguson
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill