This week's Rare Bird Alert
A snow goose was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
An Iceland gull was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
A glossy ibis was seen in Milford on April 25.
There were a few scattered reports of common redpolls during the past week.
A possible worm-eating warbler was seen in Bedford on April 28, but has not been relocated.
An orchard oriole was reported from Hawkin's Farm in Salem on April 29.
There were several reports of fish crows, Virginia rails, and rusty blackbirds during the past week.
A ruby-throated hummingbird was seen in Manchester on April 27.
Returning migrant warblers reported during the past week included: yellow warbler, prairie warbler, ovenbird, Nashville warbler, northern parula, black-throated green warbler, black-throated blue warbler, magnolia warbler, black-and-white warbler, northern waterthrush, and Louisiana waterthrush.
Returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: rose-breasted grosbeak, gray catbird, wood thrush, whip-poor-will, brown thrasher, eastern kingbird, great-crested flycatcher, house wren, warbling vireo, and vesper sparrow.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Author uses music to teach kids the art of storytelling - 0
- Heritage Day contest in Errol is a cut above - 0
- Cher's Manchester concert postponed for 2nd time - 0
- Make Blaze Orange Your Fall Fashion Statement - 0
- Senior News: Donation made to help Families First expand dental care for seniors - 0
- Thousands gather for Marlborough's annual town-wide celebration - 0
- Kids, seniors complete in inaugural DeMar races in Keene over weekend - 0
- Hudson girl and her family continue race against time - 0
- Free Outdoor Adventure Talk – Hunting Dominant Bucks - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond