This week's Rare Bird Alert
A snow goose was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
An Iceland gull was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
A glossy ibis was seen in Milford on April 25.
There were a few scattered reports of common redpolls during the past week.
A possible worm-eating warbler was seen in Bedford on April 28, but has not been relocated.
An orchard oriole was reported from Hawkin's Farm in Salem on April 29.
There were several reports of fish crows, Virginia rails, and rusty blackbirds during the past week.
A ruby-throated hummingbird was seen in Manchester on April 27.
Returning migrant warblers reported during the past week included: yellow warbler, prairie warbler, ovenbird, Nashville warbler, northern parula, black-throated green warbler, black-throated blue warbler, magnolia warbler, black-and-white warbler, northern waterthrush, and Louisiana waterthrush.
Returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: rose-breasted grosbeak, gray catbird, wood thrush, whip-poor-will, brown thrasher, eastern kingbird, great-crested flycatcher, house wren, warbling vireo, and vesper sparrow.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
- Rock N' Blues Fest Roars Into Plymouth - 0
- 2015/2016 Season Passes Now on Sale for Crotched Mountain - 0
- Make 12 Hours Count: Radio-Thon to Benefit Veterans Count - 0
- Bass Pro Shops Sponsors Fishing Seminar for High School Students - 0
- Loeb School Offers Workshop for Freelance Writers - 0
- Ryan Cabrera releases long-awaited EP 'Wake Up Beautiful' - 0
- NH Club Notes: NH Rail Transit Authority focus of Lions’ program - 0
- Office of the Consumer Advocate plans public session - 0
- New Hampshire Easter Egg Hunts 2015 - 0
British Metal Legends SAXON Announce 'Warriors of the Road' U.S. Tour with Armored Saint, Select Dates with Judas PriestREADER COMMENTS: 0
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
New Hampshire Easter Egg Hunts 2015
Rock N' Blues Fest Roars Into Plymouth
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
NH delegation stands with Israel