This week's Rare Bird Alert
A snow goose was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
An Iceland gull was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
A glossy ibis was seen in Milford on April 25.
There were a few scattered reports of common redpolls during the past week.
A possible worm-eating warbler was seen in Bedford on April 28, but has not been relocated.
An orchard oriole was reported from Hawkin's Farm in Salem on April 29.
There were several reports of fish crows, Virginia rails, and rusty blackbirds during the past week.
A ruby-throated hummingbird was seen in Manchester on April 27.
Returning migrant warblers reported during the past week included: yellow warbler, prairie warbler, ovenbird, Nashville warbler, northern parula, black-throated green warbler, black-throated blue warbler, magnolia warbler, black-and-white warbler, northern waterthrush, and Louisiana waterthrush.
Returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: rose-breasted grosbeak, gray catbird, wood thrush, whip-poor-will, brown thrasher, eastern kingbird, great-crested flycatcher, house wren, warbling vireo, and vesper sparrow.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Classic Rock Roll Of Honour: Live Performances Announced for 11/4 Ceremony From Kings Of Chaos, California Breed, Rival Sons & Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts - 0
- Salem board honors former superintendent - 0
- Subdivision road work in Salem under scrutiny - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Concord Grange readying for Christmas parade - 0
- Student's service project honors mom fighting MS - 0
- A tailgate trick-or-treat in Mason - 0
- Pats Peak previews winter with fall fun - 0
- Portion control may be cutting into Salem lunch program - 0
- Guitar Center and DIRECTV feature iconic guitarist SLASH In Original 2-Part Documentary and live concert event - 0
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
A tailgate trick-or-treat in Mason
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Pats Peak previews winter with fall fun