Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford Fire Dept. to hold live burn exercise Saturday - 0
- Guns, trash and vandalism spoil Bow wooded area - 0
- Windham charter school group gaining an ally - 0
- Londonderry teen turns to Facebook in the spirit of giving - 0
- Woodland Storybook Walk invites attendees to stroll enchanted forest - 0
- Gundalow donated to Dover park - 0
- Claremont to celebrate manufacturing and jazz roots Sunday at 250th - 0
- Former Windham skate park may become gathering place for seniors - 0
- Manchester event will honor those who have battled pancreatic cancer - 0
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks