Home » Services » Advertising
Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donations pour in for Cornish couple injured in Florida - 0
- KAPAP master offers a cerebral approach to martial arts in Londonderry - 0
- New SAU 19 superintendent settling in to new post - 0
- Pilots from around the country enjoy Alton Bay ice - 0
- Dover woman to hike Appalachian Trail in style - 0
- New Hampshire Senior News in Brief - 0
- Seniors Count-Nashua workshop tackles forgetfulness - 0
- NH native leads field in Iditarod sled dog race in Alaska - 0
- New Hampshire syrup king, author make a sweet pair - 0
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels
Win tickets to see Craig Ferguson
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus