Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speedway looks to attract more fans as NASCAR stars return to NH - 0
- Next to the fun park, a new seafood spot - 0
- A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams - 0
- Salem senior housing ordinance change proposed - 0
- New Boston students could be given option to attend Goffstown middle school - 0
- New Album 'WORLD ON FIRE' Released Today And Streaming On USA Today, appearances to follow - 0
- Whitefield artist's beadwork is a tribute to her Native American ancestry - 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof