Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
- Signature Chefs Auction® Honors Manchester's Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - 0
- Five Finger Death Punch co-headlining Fall arena tour with Volbeat kicks off today, hits Lowell September 26 - 0
- Win tickets to see Kip Moore - 0
- Win tickets to see Demi Lovato - 0
- Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads - 0
- Win tickets to see Tower of Power - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Strategery: A war by any other name
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine