Home » NewHampshire.com » A&E
Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
- Joe Perry's 'Rocks: My LIfe in and Out of Aerosmith' sits in Top Ten On NY Times Bestseller List for initial two weeks - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Windham club plans coat drive, next meeting - 0
- Grange honors members, public servants - 0
- Committee eyes larger state role at Livermore Falls - 0
- No change in Pelham tax rate - 0
- Union Leader editor receives media ally award - 0
- Hooksett students to lay wreath at memorial - 0
- Bedford's tax rate increases by 33 cents from 2013 - 0
- Closing Salem elementary school could trim $800,000 - 0
Guitar Center and DIRECTV feature iconic guitarist SLASH In Original 2-Part Documentary and live concert eventREADER COMMENTS: 0
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
No change in Pelham tax rate