Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rock Photographer Jeremey Saffer presents 'The Rocking Dead' at Rock & Shock - 0
- Free Outdoor Adventure Talk September 17: Deer Hunting Basics - 0
- Tickets on sale for Loeb School Event, featuring Donald Trump - 0
- Win tickets to see Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull in Boston - 0
- Win tickets to see 'America's Test Kitchen with Christopher Kimball' - 0
- BG graduate completes ROTC course - 0
- Glendi being held at St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Manchester this weekend - 0
- Getting into character: Granite State Comicon started Saturday in Manchester - 0
- John Harrigan's Woods, Water & Wildlife: On apples, bears and unlimited cod - 0
BG graduate completes ROTC course
Brenda Charpentier's Forest Journal: Snapping turtles survive despite some undeserved animosity from humans
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Public be damned: Litchfield latest example
Hot spotlight put on NH domestic violence
Exeter team reeling over tragedies