Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The Wailin' Jennys take the Plymouth stage - 0
- ACT ONE presents See Rock City - 0
- Visit Fish and Game at the Fairs - 0
- Mosquito spraying in Pelham to be done Monday, Tuesday - 0
- Merrimack to replace bridge over Baboosic River - 3
- Derry Councilors launch Spacetown T-shirt campaign - 0
- Waterville Valley Resort set to offer ‘Most Spectacular Bike Race’ in September - 0
- Mosquito spraying to begin next week in Pelham - 0
- Historic Merrimack bridge to be replaced - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
All aboard for a ride and nature tour
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt