Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Volunteers sought to help with traveling tribute for Vietnam vets - 0
- Club Notes: Mercy Hathawaty White DAR plans 'Guest Day'; Woman's Service Club's program; 5 organizations receive Manchester Elks' donations - 0
- Keene theater to show NH-based movie 'Jumanji' as tribute to Robin Williams - 0
- Granite United Church baptizes 200 at Salem park - 0
- Summer Melon Salad with Mint and Feta - 0
- Mixing it up in the beer aisle - 0
- Homemade ice cream a delight for kids of any age in any era - 0
- Our Gourmet: Good food, good beer at Elm City - 0
- Isles of Shoals commemorated in weekend ceremony - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Riding the indoor surfing wave
ISIS beheads NH journalist
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies