Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Replicas of 19th century ships to sail off Seacoast - 0
- Goffstown considering grant application for rail trail project - 0
- Panel OKs auction house in Salem industrial district - 0
- Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour - 0
- Next sign-up begins Aug. 11 for community-supported fishery - 0
- Energy Commission lays out roadmap for improving efficiency - 0
- A taste of the Old West in Pelham at The Great Nor'easter - 0
- Salem board gives OK for expanded funeral home parking - 0
- Senior News: Lifelong Learning Institute plans fall class previews - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
More than plants grow in 4-H Teaching Garden
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents