Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow officer on Mount Everest climb survives avalanche - 0
- Ice Out Declared on Forest Lake - 0
- Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today - 0
- The 2014 winners of the Manchester Historic Association historic preservation awards - 0
- Perkins retiring from Jackson Ski Touring Foundation - 0
- Earth Day events sprouting up in Milton this week - 0
- AHEAD program hits $50K mark for housing initiative - 0
- Hooksett voters sound off on rejected Pinkerton contract - 0
- Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open - 0
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Ice Out Declared on Forest Lake
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Win tickets to see Cirque du Soleil: Varekai
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing