Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gilbert Gottfried's dirty jokes, unmistakable delivery and twisted world views take center stage in Manchester - 1
- Waterville Valley exhibition reflects pop culture of '50s and '60s - 0
- Mystery Theater production will be performed at Franklin Opera House - 0
- Poet W.S. DiPiero to present reading - 0
- Concord gallery feature to woodworking exhibit - 0
- Get glimpse into life, mind of famous poet through historian's eyes - 0
- Trolley makes season's first Open Doors Arts and Cultural Tour tonight - 0
- Best-selling authors to visit Exeter - 0
- Tom Rush to perform at the Peterborough Players Theatre - 0
Zac Brown Band returning to NH
Gilbert Gottfried's dirty jokes, unmistakable delivery and twisted world views take center stage in Manchester
New Hampshire Club Notes
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Best-selling authors to visit Exeter
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’