Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cruising Downtown' event in Manchester this Saturday - 0
- Salem town manager talks of funding cut to CART program - 0
- Fish & Game gets bat disease grant - 0
- 99 students from Hooksett to attend Pinkerton as freshmen for new school year - 0
- Windham band director's love of music pays off - 0
- Most who speak at public hearing favor Mount Sunapee plans - 0
- Pinkerton community ready to party like its 1814: 200th Gala Anniversary set for Sept. 27 - 0
- Peterborough children's author to be featured at Francestown Labor Day Celebration - 0
- White House honors Nashua teen for environmental stewardship - 1
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Fish & Game gets bat disease grant
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help