Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Brews for the cold that’s on its way - 0
- Thanksgiving turkey goes underground - 0
- Great barbecue, and plenty of it - 0
- Friendship Dinner & Award Ceremony to be held at Manchester's Radisson Hotel - 0
- Susan Dromey Heeter's Down to Earth: From free events come great memories - 0
- Portsmouth events put a period on decorating - 0
- Derry Spinathon raises money 'To Give Good' to local organizations - 0
- Annual Fire Dept. Santa Tour is coming to Plaistow Dec. 21 - 0
- Making candy canes the old-fashioned way a sweet holiday tradition in Wilton - 0
Thanksgiving turkey goes underground
Great barbecue, and plenty of it
Brews for the cold that’s on its way
Weare students take on volunteer projects
NH's fishing industry staggered
Shaheen, Ayotte split on Keystone vote
King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis
Premiums drop, so do subsidies for Obamacare
Former mayor makes pitch for commuter rail
VA wait times: They are still bad