Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Win a family 4-pack of tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters - 0
- NH Club Notes: Curling club’s open house introduces sport to public - 0
- Blending academics with snowsports training - 0
- Solas' 'Shamrock City Tour' inspired by tales of ancester's life - 0
- Veterans part of cast staging military court-room battle - 0
- 'Boys Next Door' take up residence at Bedford Off Broadway - 0
- Musical theater group recaps '65 stage favs on Derry stage - 0
- ACT to host evening of short plays at its Nashua home base - 0
- Love, heartbreak on menu for Concord lunchtime concerts, lectures - 0
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Judge rules against Brentwood School District in suit over $650k in cuts from proposed budget
State: Croydon must end private tuition
Senate deadlocks on right-to-work bill
The Balsams bond: No taxpayer backing
George Will: Stopping the IRS