Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Waterville Valley exhibition reflects pop culture of '50s and '60s - 0
- Poet W.S. DiPiero to present reading - 0
- Trolley makes season's first Open Doors Arts and Cultural Tour tonight - 0
- Best-selling authors to visit Exeter - 0
- Lecture series brings Academy Award winner to Manchester today - 0
- UNH ensembles schedule spring performances on campus - 0
- Program at Charlestown fort travels down military road's history - 0
- Family Fun Fair brings day of fun to Bedford's NH Sportsplex - 0
- Magical Science Programs conjured up for school vacation - 0
New Hampshire Club Notes
Zac Brown Band returning to NH
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison