Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Eight environments to explore this Fall by foot - 0
- Friends of Stark Park in Manchester honored for preservation work - 0
- Londonderry police and firefighters rise to fundraising challenge - 0
- ‘When to call 911,’ a topic of Nashua Seniors Count workshop - 0
- Bedford scientist a laser pioneer - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidlines: When the tide changes, stripers bite - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Human-dog hierarchy doesn't matter; we're not part of their 'pack' - 0
- Host family sought for Kyrgyzstan girl; 'Ultimate Play Date' set for September - 0
- John Harrigan's Woods, Water & Wildlife: Dog days and hunter's moon - 0
Win tickets to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Free state garden: Weeding is always good
Judge slams spice search
Market Basket: On the brink again
NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass.
Whole Foods poised to open in Nashua
Manchester judge: Open store that sold spice
Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage?