Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tom Chapin is talking numbers: specifically, '70' - 0
- NH Club Notes: Danbury Grange to host benefit for fire victim - 0
- St. Patrick celebrations culminate with Manchester parade - 0
- Adam Ezra Group brings road trip to Granite State this spring - 0
- Astrology and Psychic Fair planned - 0
- Guitar ensemble, rock band students play - 0
- Egg-citing Easter egg hunts starting across Granite State - 0
- Time for maple sugaring in Mt. Washington Valley - 0
- Quarrybrook hosts Maple Day with outdoor activities - 0
Astrology and Psychic Fair planned
On your mark, get set — gather sap
NH's maple sap isn't as sweet as it once was
George Will: Who says economics is hard?
Falling clam juice prompts lawsuit
Cries of wolf: Another sound of spring
Dave Solomon's Power Plays: 'Stay away from eminent domain,' builders of planned gas pipeline are told