Home » NewHampshire.com » Outdoors » Foliage
Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flying in for some homestyle cooking - 0
- Tasting Notes with Jim Beauregard: Turkey Day wines and a resource for brewers - 0
- Hopkinton vigil sheds a light on bullying - 0
- Goffstown taking aim at invasive species - 0
- Patriots and Eastern Bank team up for kids - 0
- First graders enjoy early Thanksgiving feast - 0
- Dover to hold 29th annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony - 0
- New Horizons breakfast raises $172,678 for homeless, needy - 0
- Manchester Christmas Parade steps off Dec. 6 - 0
Flying in for some homestyle cooking
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
First graders enjoy early Thanksgiving feast
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection