Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Bow Wow Bedford’ to offer micro-chipping, rabies shots - 0
- Senior housing project's wetlands request is tabled - 0
- Salem ready to do battle with emerald ash borer - 0
- Hudson band mom ready for another Boston Marathon - 0
- Fish and Game: Skimming across water illegal, and bad idea - 0
- Souhegan High grad still on stage as one of American Idol’s’ top 11 - 0
- When help seems far away, Errol Rescue Squad founder, award winner, is close by - 0
- Merging modern tastes, historic homes can take an expert's help - 0
- Showcasing traditional arts at the NH Old House & Barn Expo - 0
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels
Win tickets to see Rusted Root & The Wailers
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus