Home » News » Politics » State House Dome
Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Perkins retiring from Jackson Ski Touring Foundation - 0
- Earth Day events sprouting up in Milton this week - 0
- AHEAD program hits $50K mark for housing initiative - 0
- Hooksett voters sound off on rejected Pinkerton contract - 0
- Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open - 0
- Concert, auction will benefit Center for Life Management - 0
- Hudson heart disease survivor engages guests at NH Heart Ball - 0
- Radio station finds a home at Bethlehem's Colonial Theatre - 0
- John Harrigan -- Deer, coyotes, ravens: Emerging signs of spring - 0
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open
Win tickets to see The Monkees!
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
Havenstein’s abortion stance scrutinized
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing