Home » Services » Advertising
Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Down to Earth: The best parts of this NH summer - 0
- Revised plans for Salem High School renovation satisfy board - 0
- Neighbor blames school renovations for home flooding - 0
- Swing band to perform Sunday at Manchester bandstand - 0
- Open Doors Manchester offers look at city's art, culture - 0
- Four NH state parks celebrate 50th anniversary - 0
- Deerfield Heritage Commission offers glimpse into town's storied history - 0
- Derry cyclist makes cause a family affair - 0
- Hearing continues on Salem senior living facility - 0
Acres of summer color, without irrigation
Win tickets to see Josh Turner
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility