Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown holds Friday Night Under the Lights - 0
- Volunteers needed for SAU19 superintendent search in Goffstown, New Boston - 0
- Hooksett, Derry's Pinkerton Academy aiming for 10-year deal - 0
- Salem selectmen make change to speed up process for builders - 0
- Merrimack celebrates Christmas in festive style - 0
- Windham Holiday Shopping Extravaganza a boon for local businesses, charities - 0
- Tree lighting event draws hundreds in Windham - 0
- New Hampshire Senior News Notes - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Waterfowl hunting season has noticeable changes - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use