Home » NewHampshire.com » A&E
Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Outdoors with the AMC: Making the most of winter with snowshoes - 0
- Colebrook bocce tourney a cool time - 0
- Vintage snowmobiles chew up the cold in popular annual race - 0
- There's nothing like a wood fire - 0
- NH Outstanding Teen pageant Feb. 14-15 - 0
- Forest Journal: Be on the lookout for falling squirrels - 0
- Down to Earth - Budget Vogue: Collections of (someone's) precious memories - 0
- Win tickets to see LIly Tomlin - 0
- Win tickets to see the Very Best of Celtic Thunder - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
There's nothing like a wood fire
NH Outstanding Teen pageant Feb. 14-15
Romney opts out of run for presidency
Guinta talks bipartisanship, new bill to spare taxpayer cost of redundant government legislation
Hockey fans angry, sad to see Monarchs go
$1 billion hit seen for electric ratepayers
Fire destroys Henniker snow plows