Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene gallery explores artistic experiences among American artists of African descent - 0
- Ben Laine to perform at the Rochester Opera House - 0
- Kim Simmons and Savoy Brown rock Tupelo Saturday - 0
- Tomie dePaola to be celebrated at Colby-Sawyer - 0
- 10th annual Portsmouth Fairy Tour flits into Seacoast - 0
- Houston Ballet II will perform in Durham - 0
- Hanover artist Bob Shannahan on display in Meriden - 0
- Comedian Paula Poundstone returns to NH with stop in Concord - 0
- Eric Church, Dwight Yoakam headed to NH - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Windham's Advanced Placement program growing
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over