Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- What a genius does with $500,000; named a MacArthur Fellow - 0
- John Harrigan's Woods, Water & Wildlife: Mailbag is abuzz with bee, apple information - 0
- Highland Games at Loon cool time for brave hearts - 0
- At Loon, independence vote seen as doing Scotland proud - 0
- Unveiling judiciary history, retired NH chief justice's official portrait unveiled - 0
- NH preview of events beginning Sept. 21 - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Deer hunting vs. deer shooting - 0
- Libraries offer DVD on stuttering in nine NH public libraries - 0
- Family Resource Center in Nashua offers 'Nurturing Fathers' workshop - 0
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
NH preview of events beginning Sept. 21
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem