Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Murdered Manchester mother had stab wounds, slashed throat
Michelle Hogarty, 46, of 316 Mammoth Road, died from "multiple stab and incised wounds of her neck," according to an autopsy performed Thursday by Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Thomas Andrew. The manner of her death was a homicide, he ruled.
John Hogarty, 53, Hogarty's husband of 10 years, is being held without bail, charged with first-degree murder in her death.
Mrs. Hogarty last worked about three years ago as a part-time cashier at a local grocery store, but was a stay-at-home mother of a 6-year-old son at the time of her death. Described by friends as a sweet, caring mother, Hogarty had recently battled throat cancer and fibromyalgia, which causes body-wide pain.
The murder investigation is continuing and anyone with information about Hogarty's death is asked to call Manchester police detectives at (603) 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at (603) 624-4040.
What's next:A probable cause hearing is set for May 14 in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424