Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Murdered Manchester mother had stab wounds, slashed throat
Michelle Hogarty, 46, of 316 Mammoth Road, died from "multiple stab and incised wounds of her neck," according to an autopsy performed Thursday by Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Thomas Andrew. The manner of her death was a homicide, he ruled.
John Hogarty, 53, Hogarty's husband of 10 years, is being held without bail, charged with first-degree murder in her death.
Mrs. Hogarty last worked about three years ago as a part-time cashier at a local grocery store, but was a stay-at-home mother of a 6-year-old son at the time of her death. Described by friends as a sweet, caring mother, Hogarty had recently battled throat cancer and fibromyalgia, which causes body-wide pain.
The murder investigation is continuing and anyone with information about Hogarty's death is asked to call Manchester police detectives at (603) 668-8711 or Manchester Crimeline at (603) 624-4040.
What's next:A probable cause hearing is set for May 14 in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax