Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester building fire causes up to $200k in damage
Corbeil said the fire destroyed a host of electrical wiring, mechanical systems and plumbing in the building, which has apartments on the second floor and an office and Chiggy's Place restaurant, which wasn't open when the fire was reported about 4:15 p.m.
The office and apartments were occupied at the time, but everyone got out safely, Corbeil said.
He said firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the basement.
"If you were to drive by the building right now, you wouldn't know there was a fire there," he said.
But because of the damage to the building's utilities, the building, owned by Karen Kean, is uninhabitable, he said.
"The heat did a lot of damage in the cellar," he said.
A cause has not been determined, but the fire is not believed to be suspicious, he said. No firefighters were injured, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 1
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 2
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'