Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Local softball teams ousted
Eastern Connecticut scored all of its runs in its final two at-bats and went on to a 7-3 victory over Keene State. Meanwhile, Western Connecticut scored six unearned runs and beat Plymouth State, 8-2. The Panthers were then eliminated by Rhode Island College, 9-1.
In the KSC game, freshman pitcher Mariah Crisp of Greenland took a one-hit shutout into the sixth inning before Eastern rallied. The Warriors scored three runs in the sixth, then added four more in the seventh. Anna Glassman and Nicole Dupuis homered for the Owls (21-16), who were eliminated in two straight games.
Plymouth State had beaten RIC on Thursday. PSU finished 25-17.
New Haven 2, Southern New Hampshire 1: The No. 1-seeded Penmen were ousted in the semifinals of the Northeast-10 tournament at Penmen Field.
The Chargers cracked two solo homers off Ali Maloof, who went the distance for SNHU (29-15).
New Haven will play Adelphi Saturday at Penmen Field in the league title game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Copper stolen from old Salem school
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list