Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia brush fires send firefighters to hospital
"They're not related," fire Capt. Bob Landry said Sunday.
Investigators are still working to determine the cause of both fires but don't suspect arson, he said.
"When you get a fire out in the woods, it's pretty hard to determine where it started," he said.
The first fire, reported at 1:45 p.m. behind 833 Weirs Blvd., grew to five alarms and 10 acres. About 50 firefighters from 15 communities responded. A firefighter was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital for heat exhaustion and released.
The second fire, reported at 10:50 p.m. near 672 Weirs Blvd., grew to two acres and two alarms, involving about 15 firefighters from four communities.
A firefighter "got poked in the eye with a branch and had to go to the hospital," Landry said. He was later released.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 0
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 1
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 13
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 13
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 4
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance