Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia brush fires send firefighters to hospital
"They're not related," fire Capt. Bob Landry said Sunday.
Investigators are still working to determine the cause of both fires but don't suspect arson, he said.
"When you get a fire out in the woods, it's pretty hard to determine where it started," he said.
The first fire, reported at 1:45 p.m. behind 833 Weirs Blvd., grew to five alarms and 10 acres. About 50 firefighters from 15 communities responded. A firefighter was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital for heat exhaustion and released.
The second fire, reported at 10:50 p.m. near 672 Weirs Blvd., grew to two acres and two alarms, involving about 15 firefighters from four communities.
A firefighter "got poked in the eye with a branch and had to go to the hospital," Landry said. He was later released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 10
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 8
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too