Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia brush fires send firefighters to hospital
"They're not related," fire Capt. Bob Landry said Sunday.
Investigators are still working to determine the cause of both fires but don't suspect arson, he said.
"When you get a fire out in the woods, it's pretty hard to determine where it started," he said.
The first fire, reported at 1:45 p.m. behind 833 Weirs Blvd., grew to five alarms and 10 acres. About 50 firefighters from 15 communities responded. A firefighter was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital for heat exhaustion and released.
The second fire, reported at 10:50 p.m. near 672 Weirs Blvd., grew to two acres and two alarms, involving about 15 firefighters from four communities.
A firefighter "got poked in the eye with a branch and had to go to the hospital," Landry said. He was later released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 0
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition