Home » News » Public Safety
Crash lands car into Rochester house
A Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by Shirley MacDonald, 77, of East Rochester, was heading east on Portland Street when her vehicle rear-ended an eastbound vehicle traveling in front of her around 3:20 p.m., according to Sgt. Patrick Emerson.
The Jeep struck a Buick Park Avenue, driven by Cody Stickney, 19, of York, Maine.
The collision caused the Buick to go off the road and into the front of the home at 367 Portland St., police said.
The building sustained damage and the residents returned to it after the crash.
Police said there would be no charges filed.
Portland Street was open to single-lane traffic for about an hour. Both vehicles sustained heavy damage and were towed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief