Home » News » Public Safety
Crash lands car into Rochester house
A Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by Shirley MacDonald, 77, of East Rochester, was heading east on Portland Street when her vehicle rear-ended an eastbound vehicle traveling in front of her around 3:20 p.m., according to Sgt. Patrick Emerson.
The Jeep struck a Buick Park Avenue, driven by Cody Stickney, 19, of York, Maine.
The collision caused the Buick to go off the road and into the front of the home at 367 Portland St., police said.
The building sustained damage and the residents returned to it after the crash.
Police said there would be no charges filed.
Portland Street was open to single-lane traffic for about an hour. Both vehicles sustained heavy damage and were towed.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'