Home » News » Public Safety
Five-alarm fire strikes Peterborough barn
About 80 firefighters at the scene were able to save an "old farm house" and a four-car garage with a work area above it at 155 Old Jaffrey Road, said Fire Chief Joseph Lenox.
Firefighters had "heavy fire on arrival" around 7 a.m. and took about an hour to bring the blaze under control. The 2.5-story barn, about 40 feet by 60 feet in size, was destroyed, he said.
"We don't believe it's suspicious," Lenox said.
Crews were able to get sheep, goats and a tractor out of the barn.
No injuries were reported.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 0
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 10
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 10
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 3
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 17
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser