Enforcement blitz greets opening of 2013 ATV season in Claremont
"Specially-trained officers will be performing safety checks and enforcing speed limits, registration laws and other violations of the NH OHRV Statues," he said. "The patrols will take place on a regular basis until late autumn."
Until mud season ends May 23, all ATV trails are closed with the exception of Sugar River Trail, he said.
The enforcement program is funded by the NH Fish and Game Department.
"The goal of the Claremont Police Department program is to reduce the number of OHRV accidents and create an atmosphere that is more attractive to families who wish to utilize recreational trails for hiking, bicycling or ATV-riding" Scott said.
Reminders, Sugar River Trail has a speed limit of 25 miles per hour, the trail next to Washington Street has a speed limit of 10 miles per hours. OHRVs must be registered annually, trailbikes and OHRVs rider are not to emit noise exceeding 96 decibels and removing, destroying, defacing or obstructing signs and markers on trails is a misdemeanor.
People with questions regarding OHRV call police at 542-9538 or can visit the Sullivan County ATV Club website at www.sullivancountyatv.org or Fish and Game at www.wildlife.state.nh.us.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Author uses music to teach kids the art of storytelling - 0
- Heritage Day contest in Errol is a cut above - 0
- Cher's Manchester concert postponed for 2nd time - 0
- Make Blaze Orange Your Fall Fashion Statement - 0
- Senior News: Donation made to help Families First expand dental care for seniors - 0
- Thousands gather for Marlborough's annual town-wide celebration - 0
- Kids, seniors complete in inaugural DeMar races in Keene over weekend - 0
- Hudson girl and her family continue race against time - 0
- Free Outdoor Adventure Talk – Hunting Dominant Bucks - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Heritage Day contest in Errol is a cut above
Berlin to host annual Lumberjack Festival
Win tickets to see Comedian Bob Marley
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser