Enforcement blitz greets opening of 2013 ATV season in Claremont
"Specially-trained officers will be performing safety checks and enforcing speed limits, registration laws and other violations of the NH OHRV Statues," he said. "The patrols will take place on a regular basis until late autumn."
Until mud season ends May 23, all ATV trails are closed with the exception of Sugar River Trail, he said.
The enforcement program is funded by the NH Fish and Game Department.
"The goal of the Claremont Police Department program is to reduce the number of OHRV accidents and create an atmosphere that is more attractive to families who wish to utilize recreational trails for hiking, bicycling or ATV-riding" Scott said.
Reminders, Sugar River Trail has a speed limit of 25 miles per hour, the trail next to Washington Street has a speed limit of 10 miles per hours. OHRVs must be registered annually, trailbikes and OHRVs rider are not to emit noise exceeding 96 decibels and removing, destroying, defacing or obstructing signs and markers on trails is a misdemeanor.
People with questions regarding OHRV call police at 542-9538 or can visit the Sullivan County ATV Club website at www.sullivancountyatv.org or Fish and Game at www.wildlife.state.nh.us.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gilbert Gottfried's dirty jokes, unmistakable delivery and twisted world views take center stage in Manchester - 1
- Waterville Valley exhibition reflects pop culture of '50s and '60s - 0
- Mystery Theater production will be performed at Franklin Opera House - 0
- Poet W.S. DiPiero to present reading - 0
- Concord gallery feature to woodworking exhibit - 0
- Get glimpse into life, mind of famous poet through historian's eyes - 0
- Best-selling authors to visit Exeter - 0
- Tom Rush to perform at the Peterborough Players Theatre - 0
- Fiddler Richard Wood to perform in the Granite State - 0
Zac Brown Band returning to NH
Gilbert Gottfried's dirty jokes, unmistakable delivery and twisted world views take center stage in Manchester
New Hampshire Club Notes
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Win tickets to see Cirque du Soleil: Varekai
Best-selling authors to visit Exeter
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’