Home » News » Politics » Candidate Profiles
Enforcement blitz greets opening of 2013 ATV season in Claremont
"Specially-trained officers will be performing safety checks and enforcing speed limits, registration laws and other violations of the NH OHRV Statues," he said. "The patrols will take place on a regular basis until late autumn."
Until mud season ends May 23, all ATV trails are closed with the exception of Sugar River Trail, he said.
The enforcement program is funded by the NH Fish and Game Department.
"The goal of the Claremont Police Department program is to reduce the number of OHRV accidents and create an atmosphere that is more attractive to families who wish to utilize recreational trails for hiking, bicycling or ATV-riding" Scott said.
Reminders, Sugar River Trail has a speed limit of 25 miles per hour, the trail next to Washington Street has a speed limit of 10 miles per hours. OHRVs must be registered annually, trailbikes and OHRVs rider are not to emit noise exceeding 96 decibels and removing, destroying, defacing or obstructing signs and markers on trails is a misdemeanor.
People with questions regarding OHRV call police at 542-9538 or can visit the Sullivan County ATV Club website at www.sullivancountyatv.org or Fish and Game at www.wildlife.state.nh.us.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mixing it up in the beer aisle - 0
- Homemade ice cream a delight for kids of any age in any era - 0
- Our Gourmet: Good food, good beer at Elm City - 0
- Isles of Shoals commemorated in weekend ceremony - 0
- Riding the indoor surfing wave - 0
- Rail rehab proposed for 42 miles of track - 0
- Stork Project labor of love for Hollis woman - 0
- Platinum Selling Rockers TRAPT Set To Release 'The Acoustic Collection' Sept. 23rd - 0
- Eight environments to explore this Fall by foot - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Riding the indoor surfing wave
Summer Melon Salad with Mint and Feta
ISIS beheads NH journalist
Market Basket: On the brink again
Judge slams spice search
NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass.
Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage?