Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant
Polls are open for the annual town election on May 14 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Old Town Hall.
Town Meeting will be held on May 15 at 7 p.m. at Sanbornton Central School.
The selectmen have proposed a $3,776,638 budget. The budget committee has recommended a budget figure of $3,790,452. Last year's approved budget was $3,648.473.
Among the budget items that may draw discussion at the meeting are police salaries and an article dealing with Blackbrook Watershed Protection, said David Nickerson, chairman of the board of selectmen.
Town officials have included a 2.5 percent raise for all town employees in the new budget.
The police department has asked for a higher percentage raise for police in order to keep officers from moving to higher-salaried positions in surrounding towns, Nickerson said.
Article 9 deals with the Blackbrook Watershed. Voters will be asked to approve $38,866 to build least two sediment traps on Kaulback Road, and for water testing of Lake Winnisquam.
If passed, most of the cost would be funded through a grant, but taypayers would have to pay an additional $13,406.
Selectmen have recommended Article 9, which is not recommended by the budget committee.
Article 6 asks voters for $34,000 for the purchase of a new police cruiser and related equipment.
Articles 7 and 8 present options for the acquisition of new town dump truck.
Article 7 calls for a lease/purchase agreement for a 10-wheel dump truck at a cost of $207,500 with a $43,100 first-year payment.
Article 8 offers an alternate plan for a $168,000 six-wheel c
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 10
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 1
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 2
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer