Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant
Polls are open for the annual town election on May 14 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Old Town Hall.
Town Meeting will be held on May 15 at 7 p.m. at Sanbornton Central School.
The selectmen have proposed a $3,776,638 budget. The budget committee has recommended a budget figure of $3,790,452. Last year's approved budget was $3,648.473.
Among the budget items that may draw discussion at the meeting are police salaries and an article dealing with Blackbrook Watershed Protection, said David Nickerson, chairman of the board of selectmen.
Town officials have included a 2.5 percent raise for all town employees in the new budget.
The police department has asked for a higher percentage raise for police in order to keep officers from moving to higher-salaried positions in surrounding towns, Nickerson said.
Article 9 deals with the Blackbrook Watershed. Voters will be asked to approve $38,866 to build least two sediment traps on Kaulback Road, and for water testing of Lake Winnisquam.
If passed, most of the cost would be funded through a grant, but taypayers would have to pay an additional $13,406.
Selectmen have recommended Article 9, which is not recommended by the budget committee.
Article 6 asks voters for $34,000 for the purchase of a new police cruiser and related equipment.
Articles 7 and 8 present options for the acquisition of new town dump truck.
Article 7 calls for a lease/purchase agreement for a 10-wheel dump truck at a cost of $207,500 with a $43,100 first-year payment.
Article 8 offers an alternate plan for a $168,000 six-wheel c
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m