Volunteers needed to weed, maintain Milton Mills corn maze for kids
Cynthia Wyatt said volunteers are needed to weed and mulch the sweet corn seedlings during weekends.
"It's real hard when the corn is short," Zachow said. "These weeds look like corn."
The corn maze is one of several attractions available at the 11th annual Woods, Water and Wildlife Festival, scheduled for Aug. 10 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
All proceeds support the land conservation and educational outreach missions of Moose Mountains Regional Greenways (MMRG). The cost is $5 per person, $10 per family and free to kids 12 and under and for MMRG members.
There will also be a variety of animals from the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center and Ruth Scruton's Traveling Barnyard. Meanwhile John Cooley from the Loon Center will use a stuffed loon and egg to talk about the distinctive bird's recovery.
Those interested in volunteering to work on the corn maze should call Cynthia Wyatt at 473-2535; they should be ready to bring gloves and weeding tools to Branch Hill Farm, at 307 Applebee Road in Milton Mills.email@example.com
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.