Home » News » Public Safety
Tears, fears flow at vigil for missing Charlestown woman
Nicole Lavoie begins to cry after singing Amazing Grace at a vigil for missing Charlestown woman Kelly Robarge Tuesday. (MEGHAN PIERCE/Union Leader Correspondent)
"I've known Kelly a long time," Patty Hutchins of Charlestown said Tuesday night. “I haven’t stopped praying and thinking about her since this happened.”
"I have to think that way. I can’t think any other way,” she said.
According to Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell, evidence leads investigators to believe Robarge may have suffered severe physical harm and possibly death. Robarge had filed for divorce from her husband, James Robarge, in Sullivan County Superior Court Thursday morning, citing irreconcilable differences.
“We anticipate they are going to continue on through the week,” she said.
Family friend Nicole Lavoie sang “Amazing Grace” at Tuesday’s vigil.
Lavoie said afterward she has been close friends with Robarge’s daughter, Gabrielle Robarge, and “Gabby’s” young son, Richard since they started attending a class at Granite State College last fall.
Lavoie said she was there to show her support of Gabrielle and her sister, Ciera Robarge.
The Rev. Steve Lepine, pastor of All Saints Church in Charlestown and North Walpole, led the crowd in prayers. He then talked about hope and the mystery of suffering.
“We have in fact searched the Happy Acres property and other areas in Charlestown, Claremont and Unity, several of which were rural roadways, woods areas, ponds and waterways in addition to the bordering town in Vermont and along the Connecticut River,” Morrell said.
Robarge could still return home, Morrell said. “There is always hope.”
The Attorney General’s Office has asked anyone with information to contact New Hampshire State Police at 271-3636.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison