Home » News » Public Safety
Wounded police officers' suit in Greenland shootout gets one more chance from judge
Greenland police Chief Michael Maloney pulled one of the wounded officers to safety before being shot and killed by Mutrie. Cullen Mutrie then killed his girlfriend, Brittany Tibbets, and turned the gun on himself, ending an hours-long standoff.
The lawsuit does not name the officers, but they have been identified by authorities as Newmarket Detective Scott Kukesh, University of New Hampshire Detective Eric Kulberg, Rochester Detective Jeremiah Murphy, and Dover Detective Gregory Turner.
Donald Smith, a lawyer who represents Beverly Mutrie, said the report by the Greenland Review Commission already makes clear that the handgun used by Cullen Mutrie to shoot the four officers — a .357 magnum revolver — was bought by Tibbets at a Manchester gun show.
McHugh denied Smith's latest argued to dismiss the lawsuit on Oct. 3.
The officers argue that Beverly Mutrie's control over the trust gives them grounds to hold her legally responsible. The officer's allege she knew of her son's drug activities and allowed crimes to occur.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- First Coffee with a Cop session goes smoothly - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 2
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG asked to investigate Hemingway campaign donations after complaint filed by Grantham attorney with Sununu ties - 0
- Former Derry town administrator guilty of indecent exposure - 1
- Meredith man faces arson charge in Landmark Inn fire in Laconia - 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen