Home » News » Public Safety
Vt. man dies in logging truck accident
Driver Mike Doucette, 24, of Milan was stopped on the road to put chains on the tractors' tires for a two mile trip further into the woods.
The truck, which is owned by Kelley Trucking of Milan, was delivering a piece of logging equipment.
A second worker, Brian Young, 42, of Concord, Vt., was helping Doucette put the chains on the tires. Doucette, believing Young was clear of the truck, began to drive forward.
When he did, he struck Young who suffered serious injuries and died at the scene, according to state police.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were nearby on snowmobile and were the first officers on the scene. EMTs from Errol ambulance also responded to provide medical assistance.
The accident occurred about 1/10 of a mile west of the intersection of Route 16, just north of the Errol town line with Cambridge.
The investigation is continuing and no charges have been filed at this time.
Troopers with New Hampshire State Police Troop F and Troop G are conducting the investigation.
An official from the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office responded to the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire