Home » News » Public Safety
Vt. man dies in logging truck accident
Driver Mike Doucette, 24, of Milan was stopped on the road to put chains on the tractors' tires for a two mile trip further into the woods.
The truck, which is owned by Kelley Trucking of Milan, was delivering a piece of logging equipment.
A second worker, Brian Young, 42, of Concord, Vt., was helping Doucette put the chains on the tires. Doucette, believing Young was clear of the truck, began to drive forward.
When he did, he struck Young who suffered serious injuries and died at the scene, according to state police.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were nearby on snowmobile and were the first officers on the scene. EMTs from Errol ambulance also responded to provide medical assistance.
The accident occurred about 1/10 of a mile west of the intersection of Route 16, just north of the Errol town line with Cambridge.
The investigation is continuing and no charges have been filed at this time.
Troopers with New Hampshire State Police Troop F and Troop G are conducting the investigation.
An official from the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office responded to the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH