Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking
Cara E. Smith, 39, of 6 Satin Ave., told authorities that on the evening of Feb. 23 — the night she allegedly struck and killed Robert Derome, 63, with her SUV — she had five alcoholic beverages while out to dinner.
"Smith advised she slowed, and looked out her windows and did not see anyone/anything in the area, so she continued to drive home," says the affidavit. After noticing damage to her vehicle the next morning, Smith told police that she reported the damage to her insurance company, saying someone struck her parked car.
According to authorities, damaged pieces of Smith's SUV were found at the accident scene, and video cameras from different locations recorded the SUV traveling on West Hollis Street the night of Derome's death. In the footage, the SUV was spotted with two working headlights in one area of the roadway, but just one working headlight in the area past the collision, says the affidavit.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917