Portsmouth, NH 03801
A gundalow is a shallow drafted type of cargo ship, once common in the Gulf of Maine's rivers and estuaries, that reached it's highest state of evolution in the Great Bay of New Hampshire and Maine in the late 1800's.
The mission of the Gundalow Company is to preserve the Gundalow Captain Edward H. Adams in order to serve as a platform for maritime, historical, social and environmental education on and about the waters of the Piscataqua Maritime Region.
The Gundalow Company serves as a regional facilitator collaborating and providing programs on maritime history, environmental history and stewardship, and environmental education as it pertains to the Piscataqua watershed and Great Bay.
The gundalow is available for private parties and tours. There are regular visiting hours but it is advised that visitors check ahead to make sure the vessel is in port.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.