Mount Washington Cog Railway
6 mi. off Route 302 on Base Rd.
Bretton Woods, NH 03575
Ride to the top of Mt. Washington—New England's highest peak—on the world's first mountain-climbing cog railway.
This three-hour round trip is truly New England's most unique vacation experience. Step aboard an authentic coal-fired steam train (limited runs), or one of the new biodiesel locomotives as it climbs one of the steepest tracks in the world, rain or shine. A stop at the summit includes free admission to the Observatory Museum. Enjoy watching the trains from Marshfield Base Station, which features great views along with a museum, restaurant, and gift shop. Open late April-early December.
Visit thecog.com for schedule details and advance ticket purchase (recommended).
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.