Belknap Mill Society
25 Beacon Street East
Laconia, NH 03246
The Belknap Mill is the oldest unaltered brick textile mill in America and the official meetinghouse of New Hampshire, featuring an industrial knitting machine, exhibits and concerts.
>Open year round.
Built in 1823, the Belknap Mill is the only building left that represents the first stage of the Industrial Revolution in America. It is the oldest, unaltered brick textile mill in the United States. The Belknap Mill was one of the first mills to convert from weaving to knitting during the Civil War.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Belknap Mill has been designated as the Official Meetinghouse of New Hampshire for the building's historical, architectural and geographical significance
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.