Remick Country Doctor Museum
58 Cleveland Hill Road
Tamworth, NH 03886
The chores and traditions of agricultural and domestic life are presented in self-guided exhibits in the museum's Visitor Center, as well as through hands-on education programs and workshops.
The Visitor Center houses father and son's medical equipment. The animals and crops we raise are used in historic cooking programs. Seasonal activities like ice harvesting and maple sugaring are celebrated during special events. The Remick family's Tamworth connection is preserved in a nearly intact collection of family artifacts in the Captain Enoch Remick House, Dr. Remick's boyhood home, as well as painted wall murals from the early 19th century, attributed to John Avery.
Exhibits change with the seasons so there is always something new for the curious of every age to discover. Share in Dr. Remick's vision and find your own connection with the past. Learn how much we have in common with those who have come before us.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.