Whipple House Museum
This site was the home of Dr. George Hoyt Whipple, who won the Nobel Prize for Medicine.
Inside visitors will find information about him, his family and the area. Of particular interest is the Glidden Toy Museum, which features over 1000 items.
The Whipple House was built in 1837 by Obadiah Smith and was occupied by five generations of the same family for 133 years. In 1970, George Hoyt Whipple, of the fourth generation of the family, gave his boyhood home to the Town of Ashland to be preserved and used as an historical museum.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.