Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad
Meredith, NH 03253
The railroad takes visitors along Meredith Bay an offers spectacular views of Lake Winnipesaukee.
The Winnipesaukee train runs from Meredith NH along Meredith Bay clinging to a shelf dug out over 100 years ago for the fast Montreal trains that passed through here. It is a downhill ride most of the way from Meredith to Weirs Beach and the view is spectacular of the Lake, Belknap Mountain and of the islands. Now we are on a level with the lake and we arrive at Weirs Beach. After a brief stop to pick up passengers, we continue our ride to Lakeport all the way along the shore of "Paugus Bay."
Video: Video by Cheryl Senter
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.